Friday, February 17, 2006

Constitutional Commentary #1

First point, I do not mean to insult anyone. This is rather hard to say without sounding like I'm trying to insult so I wanted to point that out before I get started.

Write a "Northwest Republic Constitution"? When you consider the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, We still have not had a dozen of us in the same room at the same time. Probably not even in the same city at the same time, Doesn't writing a constitution seem rather like a group of children sitting in a tree house giving each other big titles like "Ruler of the Earth" or something ?

I mean, Come on guys, Think about this. The NPA has roughly what in funds? Around zero ain’t it? The NPA has a public headquarters located where? Uh huh.

What sort of high tech weaponry does the NVA have at their disposal?

So we are going to write a constitution like if we believe it is some how actually enforceable or something.

I personally think we should devote our time and effort to something a little more in our reach. Like getting a dozen people in the same room at the same time. Or at least in the same city at the same time.

You asked for opinions. That's mine.

- Mike/Mcstoneguy

[I feel I need to emphasize here again that the "NVA" is a fictional organization. It has no existence of any kind outside my novels and is a fictional device to make political points. Guys, no kidding, now that we're starting to get serious and do it in the real world, this is going to be a very delicate balancing act, and for the time being we are going to have to balance very heavily on the side of Goody Two-Shoes. This is one reason that I am by no means as irritated by Mr. McStone's tendency towards conservatism as some people seem to think I am. For the present, that's the way we have to go. Everybody needs to understand--officially, the Northwest novel trilogy are fiction. - HAC]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home