Monday, May 26, 2008

A Brigade Fan Writes

Dear HAC:

I have finished reading The Brigade for the second time, the first being online as it was being written. It was every bit as good the second time as the first, very possibly the best book I have read, and I am a reader of much. The last twenty pages had me in tears, of pride and of rage.

Goddamn, why does this not happen? It is truly the only acceptable direction open to us now. Every where else lies destruction of the only race on this planet worth a damn, except the very members of that race don't seem to think so. Agony.

I also finished Fire And Rain and Slow Coming Dark, both magnificent novels that you sent me, many thanks. I will have to see what else you have written and may yet have a copy of. There is one about the Wars of the Roses?

Many thanks,
Rob C.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your books are a lot better than the Turner Diaries.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to think Serpent's Walk was the ne plus ultra of the genre, but your tetralogy is the new standard. Hill Of The Ravens and A Mighty Fortress remain my personal favorites, although I can see someone arguing that The Brigade is tops.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do I get a real copy of the Brigade? Amazon doesn't have it, reading that much print online gives me a headache, and I'm not going to print out 500 pages on my home printer.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home