Monday, May 26, 2008

A Poem For Memorial Day

[In view of the date, and this debate about whether or not we should be good Amurricans and go kill "sand niggers" at the behest of the Jews, like good little goyim, I present the following I found today. - HAC]

Six Souls
W. K. Enwer - 1917

I was a peasant of the Polish plain.
I left my plow because the message ran,
Russia in danger needed every man
To save her from the Teuton. I was slain.
I gave my life for freedom--this I know
For those who bade me fight had told me so.

I was a Tyrolese, a mountaineer;
I gladly left my mountain home to fight
Against the brutal, treacherous Muscovite;
And died in Poland on a Cossack spear.
I gave my life for freedom--this I know
For those who bade me fight had told me so.

I worked in Lyons at my weaver's loom
When suddenly the Prussian despot hurled
His felon blow at France and at the world;
Then I went forth to Belgium and my doom.
I gave my life for freedom--this I know
For those who bade me fight had told me so.

I owned a vinyard by the wooded Main
Until the Fatherland, beset by foes
Lusting her downfall called me, and I rose
Swift to the call, and died in fair Lorraine.
I gave my life for freedom--this I know
For those who bade me fight had told me so.

I worked in a great shipyard on the Clyde;
There came a sudden word of war declared,
Of Belgium peaceful, helpless, unprepared
Asking our aid. I joined the ranks and died.
I gave my life for freedom--this I know
For those who bade me fight had told me so.

I worked upon a farm in Illinois.

The squad appeared; with them I marched away.
Somewhere in France, amid the trenches gray
I met grim death with many other boys.
I gave my life for freedom--this I know
For those who bade me fight had told me so.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anne from PEI said...

This is really beautiful, Harold.

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, yet profoundly sad.
I implore everyone to websearch Benjamin Freedman, listen to or read his famous speech. he laid bare the truth of why WW II was fought and for whom. He also disavowed Judaism and converted to Christianity.
http://www.benjaminfreedman.net

7:35 AM  
Anonymous herman king said...

I;ve been trying to find an affordable copy of David Hoggan's THE FORCED WAR (in English). Can anyone help me?
hermanking@cox.net

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home