Monday, April 30, 2012

Techie Jobs In The Northwest


Mr. Covington,

I didn't get the time I wanted with the hiring groups Friday night since the drive out of Seattle was slower than I thought.  It wouldn't have done much anyway since they were looking for face-to-faces with people who are job-hunting.  I did spend a little time with the local job group at LinuxFest Northwest on Saturday.  Bellingham looks great and it's damned white there.  I can't heartily recommend Bellingham Technical College since half of their programs looked great and the rest looked like Mickey Mouse nonsense (based on the things lying around the classrooms, I didn't see any actual class material).

The Whatcom County-centric group is the Technology Alliance Group for Northwest Washington (with their job listings at http://jobs.tagnw.org, but don't let the name fool you, they're just Whatcom county right now).  They're partnered with the Washington Technology Industry Association (http://www.washingtontechnology.org/) who has their job board at http://www.wtiajobs.org/ and that job board seems to be for anything technological in Washington state.

I hope this ends up being useful to someone.

-Anonymous

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record I was laid off from a good job because of a jew last year. I recently got rehired at a better company with a good salary here in the Seattle area. There are jobs here if you are a good tech. I also interviewed for jobs in Idaho and Oregon.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home