Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tony Hancock, R.I.P.

With great sadness I've been informed that Tony Hancock, owner of The Print Factory and of the Historical Review Press of Uckfield, East Sussex, England, died on the afternoon of June 11th, 2012. He was admitted to the hospital about three weeks ago, having suffered from a stroke.

Tony's late father Alan Hancock founded The Print Factory, and Tony kept it up. The Historical Revisionist cause in Britain and elsewhere in the English-speaking world owes much to Tony’s dedication and publishing activities. In pre-internet days, HRP was pretty much it, the only printer in Europe who would publish Revisionist works. Britain's race laws are bad, but at least so far they have left book publishing alone, and therefore until the internet came along HRP published works from European authors which otherwise would never have seen the light of day.

Tony's print works in Uckfield, East Sussex, was burned down in 1980 by the Jewish arsonist Manny Carpel, at the time a “freelance Searchlight researcher” according to Searchlight editor Gerry Gable. Carpel was arrested and jailed for two and a half years at Lewes Assizes.

I first met Tony in 1982, when I was on the run from the Greensboro grand jury and I first arrived in the British Isles. I have since corresponded with him regularly and since the advent of e-mail, at least once a month.

Another giant has departed from among us. Tony will be deeply missed.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Conor in Australia said...

The old guard are departing. I dread that the task should fall to the young. I doubt we're ready for it.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anthony Payne said...

I'm devastated to hear that Tony is dead, I've known him for years, a fine nan and Nationalist; I feel gutted!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Dr. Tom Sunic said...

Dear Harold,

Jesus. I knew him well. In fact, I was planning to meet with him this July 14 in London at my NF speech.
best wishes.

Tom

Do you have the address of his family?

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Paul Ballard said...

It's a shock - not least because Tony seemed to be slowly improving and his financial problems had eased. Existing orders will be fulfilled and we intend to keep the business going.

In the early 90s, before digital printing got going, Tony kept nationalist publications going in Europe. There was really no one else to supply continental European because of the holocaust denial laws etc. The UK has heavy race laws, but has so far at least, has left book publication alone, as the 'Establishment 'are intellectual snobs and book readers are deemed to be sophisticated enough to read racial or 'anti-semitic' material without committing genocide.

Paul

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Barney said...

I once lived next door to Tony in Brighton, but never got to meet him. A couple of years ago we were planning to meet up in Uckfield for a social drink, but my health deteriorated, so it never happened.

Sad news, but at least now his problems are over. Perhaps he'll be re-born into the Homeland. I hope so.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new generation can make it. We can continue their work effectively, no worries.

RIP

12:16 PM  
Anonymous POLARBEAR87j said...

YOU'RE RIGHT CONOR AS THE OLD GUARD GO'S THE WEIGHT ON OUR SHOULDERS GROW
WE MUST GROW STRONGER

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home